05 Jul Why Wearables are Ideal for Enterprises and Mobile Workers
Could it be that the enterprise might turn out to be one of the biggest market opportunities for standalone wearable smartphones? While there are skeptics who claim the enterprise will not embrace wearable technology and that wearables are ‘tricky’ for enterprises because the technology is new, there are others who see its strategic advantages. We believe wearable standalone smartphones will empower people and improve enterprise operations.
In 2015, Robert Half Technology researched how CIOs felt about the use of wearables in the enterprise and discovered that 4 out of 5 CIOs think wearable technology will become standard in the workplace.
Companies like ours are designing new wearable products and technologies that will replace handheld phones and Internet-connected devices.
It is impractical to wear single- and dual-use devices and “smartwatches” that are dependent on a handheld smartphone for most functionality to even work. Smartwatch displays are also tiny, and a screen the size of a user’s thumb is not easy to share or manipulate.
The future is a standalone wearable smartphone that frees users entirely from handheld phones, watches, and scores of wrist-based monitors. This is the technology that will enable workers to be far more productive:
- Biometrics will enable companies to customize everything from file management and file access to document encryption as well as keyless entry customized and secure access to funds, payments and salaries for each employee/partner (without having to setup expensive security systems)
- Organizations can push strategic intelligence to employees making decisions in the field so they can deliver top-notch customer service
- Your hand and fingers are the ultimate natural interface. The technology enables multipoint control of virtual objects in any computing environment or heads-up display
- A 3D mapping and interfacing system that turns your hands and fingers into a 3D mouse and controller can entirely eliminate the conventional mouse
- A projection interface can be boundless, not limited to a square screen or flat surface and able to customize to each user’s hand and fingers, continuously adjusting to fit moving surfaces of all shapes and sizes
The enterprise needs a completely new form factor for wearable smartphones if they are to deliver the functionality and ease of use that a business professional requires. By enabling multi-point control of any 2D or 3D interface, eyeHand wearable computing technology delivers the new mobile command center. When the user’s hand and fingers become the console and controller, a standalone wearable smartphone can become the key to an enterprise’s world.